Monday, February 13, 2017

Current Events Sample/Assignment

Find an article, 1 per week minimum (first one due the week ending 2/17/2017). First one Titled: Current Event 3-1, second post: Current Event 3-2, . . . 
Any article that you can connect to computers, technology, Internet (++health care!) is allowed.  Put a link to the article, a brief summary and what about the article caught your eye/interested you, and a proper APA reference citation. I used Citation Machine to construct my reference. You could also use/double check with the OWL Site. Post in an article on YOUR blog.

My sample begins:

Lightbulbs That Help You to Sleep


Light interferes with our circadian rhythm, the internal clock that tells our bodies when to sleep, when to wake up and when to eat. Stare at a bright, bluish light — like the one from your smartphone, tablet or television — and your body sends a signal to your brain to stop producing melatonin, a powerful hormone that helps you fall asleep.

I am a committed sleeper and a high school student in a Science/health related program taking a technology course, so of course something that involved technology and health care interested me! I would love it if I could become a successful doctor with these devices at my disposal.



Kaysen, R. (2017, February 10). Light Bulbs That Help You Sleep. Retrieved February 13, 2017, from https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/realestate/light-bulbs-that-help-you-sleep.html

In this case, I found a related video (You won't always have a related video!), so I embedded it here: 


1 comment: