Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Congratulations and a Look Ahead

Congratulations on a job well done (for the most part) on the Alt Med presentations!!

Many of the presentations were excellent, even the groups, mostly , who were scrambling until the end pulled together presentations that were good. But, the presentations are in the past, and it is important to focus on the future. There is a famous quote which comes to mind from the philosopher George Santayana (pictured below): "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  I've said it before, you must learn from your mistakes and make progress as a student going forward.
George Santayana, a Spanish American philosoph...
Image via Wikipedia

Speaking of moving forward, by my count, starting with June 1st, there are 12 (at the most, including shortened days and the wasted final day!) class days left in this school year (Can I get a Woo Hoo! on that?) (We are a long way from done!)

Some folks have asked me about missing assignments or "Where you stand now' sort of information. I will update PowerSchool Grades with what I call a 'snapshot grade' during the next few days.

The 'snapshot' grades are just that, a 'snapshot,' The grades will be at the 300ish point mark of the marking period. But remember, we will probably get to 900, 950, maybe even 1000 points by the end. SOOOO . . ., there is still much work to do and much improvement to make for many of you.

It is time to 'kick it up a notch', put the 'pedal to the metal', 'get it in gear' or whatever expression works for you. Leave the masses of the "following instructions challenged" behind and become a responsible, active learner. I am here to help you!

Let's have a good end of the semester; IT'S NOT OVER, YET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment